3. I have played the clarinet in Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and England, caught mono in Russia, bungee-jumped off a bridge in New Zealand, scuba dived in Australia (in spite of my then-fear of the ocean), pyramided in Mexico and Peru, ate my way across Italy, conceived a child in Ireland, and been wined and dined in Paris for my 40th birthday and 9th anniversary.
4. I learned to speak passable Spanish from my 5th graders in Compton and from a relationship with Mexican Man, which was full of insane misunderstandings, topped off with a few whopping lies. I dream of being fully fluent – without heartbreak.
5. I have a hard time telling people I love “no” or “I don’t want to do that with you” if I think it will hurt their feelings.
6. I am not naturally huggy-feely except with my bestest friends and family. And I only kiss Shaman Guy on the mouth; everyone else gets the cheek.
7. I would love to perform a choreographed dance in front of an audience. Or alternately, be able to dance salsa jaw-dropingly well with a partner (preferably Shaman Guy who, alas, has no interest).
8. Speaking of lists (which I love to make, can you tell?), I’ve checked off 3 and ½ of my “20 Things I’ve Always Wanted To Do List.” Need to get working on that!
9. Between mommy brain and too much spiritual work, I have a dreadful memory and can no longer spell.
10. I love raw chocolate. And I think kale is candy. That’s whack, I know.
Bonus: Okay, you might already know this one, but if not, it’s a whopper. Shaman Guy asked me to marry him on our first date. Two weeks later we tied the knot on top of a pyramid in Mexico. Could have been a disaster, but it was the best choice I ever made.